Date Registered: 02-2008 Location: Sydney TOTAL POSTS:23
T32 4WD Diesel 6 Speed Manual and 2000KG towing capacity For a while, I thought Nissan has destroyed the rugged Xtrail image with the new tubby xtrail that can’t tow heavy and no manual 4wd etc etc.
Until I saw the spec of new diesel 4wd manual version. It had most of my ticks.
1) 2000KG towing capacity with brakes ( Essential for me)
2) 6 Speed Manual only
3) Manual is also available in TI trim
My favourite options are still there.
4) Genuine roof racks and ski rack options
5) Option for a steel cargo barrier…. a must have
6) 4x4 to get ski chain exemption in NSW
7) Made in Japan. Assuming the same reliability as the T31.
8) The main down side is the 96KW power which is a bit low, but 350NM @ 1750rpm is reasonable. Some will say the lower approaching angle if compared to T31 is the major downside.
Re: I have had my T32 TL for a few weeks now. When I first saw that it was only a 1.6 Lt, with 96 Kw and 320 Nm I thought it might have been a little under done. When I took it for a test drive it really surprised me.
Now that I have done nearly 2000 km in it, I found that I had to adjust my driving style to compensate the lower power output. I have found it is sluggish under 1500 RPM, but over 1500 rpm it pulls like a train.
My other car is a Mazda 3 MZR-CD (2.2 Lt Diesel, 112 Kw, 360 Nm) and I am used to 5 th gear above 50 kph and 6 th gear above 80kph. With the T32 I have to remain in 4th until 70 kph and 5th until 90 kph. Once in 6th above 90 kph, hills don't worry it.