Date Registered: 08-2008
TOTAL POSTS: 541
Re: Rear power socket
The only way i could find to do it involves the following steps: If you are going to do this, plan in advance, how many wires are you going to run? will you run a UHF cable too? Its easier to do it once.
1. Remove the glovebox. There are at least 6 screws holding it in there, look inside the glovebox at the top on bottom, aswell as the latch. Be carefull as there is a airbag in the dash,
2. fold the carpet down starting from the top. It is kinda jammed in by the plastic shrouds, you'll soon see what i mean.
3. locate the wiring loom that goes though the firewall. I tried to do this without removing the glovebox but it was too hard. Just remove the glovebox...
4. using a sharp knife, cut a slit in the grommet being extremely careful around all of the other wires.
5. i used an electricians "snake" but you could use a coathanger or something similar. Very very carefully push the wire/snake above the wiring loom, through the grommet.
Be very gentle. Eventually the snake will pop out in the engine bay.
6. Tape your wire to either end of the snake, or use a draw string, and pull it though very carefully.
I ran my wires down the side of the car, under the side step plastic things, and into the side panel in the boot.
My cb.s power is spliced from the wires that go to the cigerette lighter in the console as i dont want that on unless my ignition is on.
Hope this helps, if you u need pics, let me know
Current - GU Patrol
Old - '08 T31 Platinum TL Diesel Manual - Bells and whistles.
Older - '04 T30 Ti-L Auto
22/Oct/2009, 6:28 pm