Re: Forum Raffle Items
With more members joining our forum and the number of outdoor activities increasing, we're noticing a great interest in trip raffles taking place during these forum organized events.
It is great to see that members are getting actively involved in these raffles, the proceeds of which are going to either directly to a member in need or to a nominated charity and/or foundation.
The recent NSW and QLD trips have raised quite a substantial amount to support the cancer foundation as well as to support the Victorian Bush Fires.
We would like to encourage these trip raffles but ask that the following to be adhered to:
1. If you have an item or items that you would like to include in the raffle, please notify the admin team in advance before the event.
2. If you will be organizing the raffle event during any of the forum organized trips, you will be welcome to do so, as long as the raffle process is fair and transparent.
3. Please nominate where the proceeds of such raffles is going in advance before the start of the raffle.
4. The raffle can take place only once! There can be no re-draws or re-raffle of items already won by someone. You can nominate a minimum number of tickets to be sold for the raffle to take place, so you don't face a situation where you don't have enough tickets for the raffle to start.
5. At the conclusion of each raffle, the amount collected needs to be declared in public and as part of the trip report.
6. You can either ask the admin team to arrange the donation lodgment or you can do so yourself. In both cases, the receipt of funds lodgment needs to be included in the trip report and shown to members.
7. ALL donations are to be lodged using the name of "Australian X-Trail Forum" instead of your personal name.
9/Apr/2009, 12:36 pm